We Stand Together
T O G E T H E R
One Community. One Humanity. One Spirit.
- Ralph Lauren Corporation and the Ralph Lauren Corporate Foundation have a long-standing history of supporting the LGBTQIA+ community.
- Support has been provided in the form of financial grants from the Ralph Lauren Corporate Foundation and also in volunteer work as Ralph Lauren Corporation employees have donated time and resources to support community needs.
- We have been a sponsor of the AIDS Walk New York since 1990.
- Ralph Lauren Corporation employees have volunteered at the Harvey Milk High School, in New York, a public high school designed for, but not limited to, LGBTQIA+ youth. They helped decorate the Harvey Milk High School prom (a dance party for students) and helped paint adjacent facilities at the Hetrick-Martin Institute (HMI). Employees have also volunteered to update HMI marketing materials to help raise awareness about the youth center.
- During the 2008–2009 school year, students from HMI programs participated in Ralph Lauren Corporation’s ongoing Polo Fashion School program, which allowed a group of teens to work extensively over a two-semester period with Ralph Lauren designers, merchandisers, and retail executives to create four evening gowns and a tote bag, the latter of which was sold in select Ralph Lauren stores and online.
- In 2015, the Ralph Lauren Corporate Foundation helped support the establishment of The New York City AIDS Memorial, a tribute to the 100,000+ New Yorkers who have died from AIDS and the community that has shared their struggle.
- Ralph Lauren Corporation is a member of the United Nations Human Rights Business Standards for LGBTI, standing with the UN global business standards that protect the rights of the LGBTQIA+ community in the workplace.
- In 2020, Ralph Lauren Corporation scored 100% on the 2020 Human Rights Campaign’s Corporate Equality Index, earning the designation of Best Place to Work for LGBTQ Equality. This recognition has been awarded by the Human Rights Campaign, the largest LGBTQ advocacy group in the US, which conducts an annual corporate equity index survey of LGBTQ-friendly policies and practices. We now join a group of 680 recognised US businesses and the most respected companies for LGBTQ workplace equality.
- We have reached the top of the HRC index as a result of our initiatives launched in 2019, including the expansion of equitable benefits such as domestic partner recognition, transgender-inclusive benefits, and the launch of our LGBTQIA+ employee community, led by Tom Mendenhall, president of men’s Polo, World of Denim, Double RL, and Childrenswear, and executive sponsor to our #RLPride RL Community.
- Our company’s commendable score on the 2020 CEI is a testament to our LGBTQIA+-supportive policies and practices, our commitment to diversity and inclusion, and our efforts to maintain a workplace where everyone belongs and can thrive to be their best selves to achieve our business objectives.